Are you interested in making a difference in the Wind industry and be the specialist giving advise on master data topics? For our client, Vattenfall, IT Optimiser is looking for an experienced Master Data Specialist within SAP.
Vattenfall is one of Europe´s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. They operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. The strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map aiming at achieving climate neutrality by 2050. With around 20.000 colleagues globally Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today they develop, construct and operate wind generation and have a clear strategy to develop solar PV and battery operations further.
Vattenfall is using SAP globally and currently using the modules PM and MM in the Operations and Maintenance Delivery department. They have started the S/4HANA journey and aim to gain strategic advantage that will bring Business Area Wind from good to excellent.
The team and role
As the new Master Data Specialist, you will join the department of Business Area Wind – Wind Maintenance Systems and a team of dedicated colleagues.
Your main purpose will be to ensure that the business area has high quality and comparable master data for all sites by upholding the requirements identified to support the Operations and Maintenance processes. You will proactively be safeguarding quality through master data management within SAP and be the business area Wind specialist advising on master data topics. Moreover, you initiate/govern master data changes, upgrades and developments within the team.
Your key responsibilities and mandate
- Be responsible for the quality of Operations & Maintenance master data in SAP
- Support Operations & Maintenance activities with master data creation, changes and migration
- Develop master data capabilities alongside process and system development
- Develop internal processes and tools to improve efficiency in master data handling
- Follow industry best practice on master data management and propose improvement
Your key deliverables and activities
- As the specialist within the team, guide and support other team members
- Convert, quality assure and upload new master data into SAP
- Quality check and cleanse/change existing master data in SAP
- Maintain master data processes, templates and instructions
- Execute acceptance testing related to master data objects and master data processes
- Conduct master data trainings to support data gathering and end user trainings
- Proactively initiate and participate in projects and initiatives related to master data processes
- Liaise closely with other process and master data colleagues
It is expected that you hold a bachelor or master's degree in a relevant field, preferable within Engineering or Scientific discipline and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position where SAP has been the main ERP system, especially where PM and MM modules have been thoroughly used for operation and maintenance. You have experience in writing technical documentation and system testing, in particular regression testing and user acceptance testing. Moreover, you have experience in working hands-on with large volumes of data including high proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in MS Excel. High proficiency in English is a must.
It is desirable to have experience with master data implementation projects and training of end users Offshore/onshore wind knowledge is also beneficial.
As a person you are proactive, structured, team-player, self-propelled and solution oriented. You are also the person who actively promote intelligent change in the business.
What they offer
Vattenfall offers good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. You are offered attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
The location for the position is in one of the main locations: Stockholm, Amsterdam, Hamburg, London or Kolding. The group is to be organized internationally, however currently, most of the employees are located in Sweden. Some travel is expected.
Application and contact
Please send your CV as soon as possible to Recruitment Specialist Anne Niklasson: email@example.com
We review applications on an on-going basis and the position will be closed once we have found the right candidate. For further information, please also contact Anne by phone 31 18 81 47 or the above-mentioned mail.